Tuesday, July 10, 2012

“GORDY RECOMMENDS…” THAT YOU MAKE A DRINK

The Scurvy Screw

Finally, my love for art and booze comes together and  I don't just mean me drinking some wine while I pretend to understand and like a piece of art  in some cray-cray exhibit.   I was looking and  my friend's site, Pop Curious  and  came across a post about "Gordy Recommends.. ", a  series of themed vintage looking painting created by artist Gordy Grundy ( nice name) with obscure classic cocktail recipes superimposed on it. Not only do you get this cool recipe, but good ol' Gordy also tells you just how you should be feeling while you're drinking this lovely libation.  Now, that's the type of artwork I like. Something usefully instead of just sitting on the wall looking pretty.  Now, If  only Gordy could just recommends some lotto ticket numbers, I be all set.  Take a gander at the painting below and then perhaps, make yourself a drink. I know I am.



Asian Haze


From the Back Alleys of Old Shanghai, to the Gaming Tables of Macao
1 ounce premium Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 ounce premium light rum
1 teaspoon freshly chopped ginger
1-1/2 ounce pineapple juice
1 dash grenadine
Stir well with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Detail with lime wedges.
Overwhelming and tranquil.


The Liberator
2 ounces Bombay Sapphire
1 ounce lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
Champagne
In a highball glass, stir the gin, lemon juice and sugar.
Fill with ice and champagne.
Feel the freedom.




VonDutch
4 ounces Blue Ice Vodka
2 ounces fresh tonic water
Pour over ice into a Collins glass.
Stir. Tour with a lime wheel.
Embrace the wild unknown.






No comments: